Rely on 180 Days of Self-Care for Busy Educators to help you lead a happier, healthier, more fulfilled life inside and outside of the classroom. With author Tina H. Boogren’s guidance, you will work your way through thirty-six weeks of daily self-care strategies and techniques, each corresponding with a week of the school year. Weekly themes range from creativity and inspiration to relationships and time management for teachers and administrators.
- Understand how prioritizing your own self-care will better equip you to positively impact student learning and achievement.
- Discover low- and no-cost self-care ideas for teachers and administrators designed to help make meaningful, positive change.
- Explore the dangers of stress in the classroom and in an educator’s personal life, and understand how this stress affects students.
- Learn how to assess what you need, check in with yourself throughout the day, and act on what you learn.
- Utilize reflection questions to help you think through which strategies worked—and which didn’t.
- Let go of the expectations of perfection while practicing these self-care techniques and teacher wellness ideas.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Surviving the Season of Sacrifice
Week One: Music (Days 1–5)
Week Two: Nutrition and Hydration (Days 6–10)
Week Three: Sleep (Days 11–15)
Week Four: Laughter (Days 16–20)
Week Five: Technology (Days 21–25)
Week Six: Altruism (Days 26–30)
Week Seven: Wardrobe (Days 31–35)
Week Eight: Time (Days 36–40)
Week Nine: Mindfulness (Days 41–45)
Chapter 2: Dealing With Disillusionment
Week Ten: Time Use (Days 46–50)
Week Eleven: Relationships (Days 51–55)
Week Twelve: Gratitude (Days 56–60)
Week Thirteen: Saying No (Days 61–65)
Week Fourteen: Inspiration (Days 66–70)
Week Fifteen: Help Requests (Days 71–75)
Week Sixteen: Comfort (Days 76–80)
Week Seventeen: Social Media (Days 81–85)
Week Eighteen: Habits (Days 86–90)
Chapter 3: Finding Balance
Week Nineteen: Creativity (Days 91–95)
Week Twenty: Altruism (Days 96–100)
Week Twenty-One: Indulgence (Days 101–105)
Week Twenty-Two: Adventure (Days 106–110)
Week Twenty-Three: Orderliness (Days 111–115)
Week Twenty-Four: Obligations (Days 116–120)
Week Twenty-Five: Play (Days 121–125)
Week Twenty-Six: Email (Days 126–130)
Week Twenty-Seven: Replay (Days 131–135)
Chapter 4: Finishing Strong
Week Twenty-Eight: Hobbies (Days 136–140)
Week Twenty-Nine: Cognition (Days 141–145)
Week Thirty: Transitions (Days 146–150)
Week Thirty-One: Listening (Days 151–155)
Week Thirty-Two: Journal (Days 156–160)
Week Thirty-Three: Outdoors (Days 161–165)
Week Thirty-Four: Morning Routine (Days 166–170)
Week Thirty-Five: Active Rest (Days 171–175)
Week Thirty-Six: Summer Bucket List (Days 176–180)
Epilogue: Create Your Own Self-Care List
- Boogren, T. H. (2018). Take Time for You: Self-Care Action Plans for Educators. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Hillman, G., & Stalets, M. (2019). Coaching Your Classroom: How to Deliver Actionable Feedback to Students. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Iberlin, J. M. (2017). Cultivating Mindfulness in the Classroom. Bloomington, IN: Marzano Resources.
- Mason, C., Rivers Murphy, M. M., & Jackson, Y. (2019). Mindfulness Practices: Cultivating Heart Centered Communities Where Students Focus and Flourish. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Apple App Store, “Plant Nanny”
- Daily Water
- Hydro Coach
- My Water Balance
- Water Drink Reminder
- TED Talks, Elizabeth Gilbert’s “Your Elusive Creative Genius”
- TED Talks, Ingrid Fetell Lee’s “Where Joy Hides and How to Find It”
- TED Talks, Shawn Achor’s “The Happy Secret to Better Work”
- 10% Happier
- Get Grounded
- Insight Timer
- Simply Being
- Stop, Breathe & Think