Self-Care Action Plans for Educators
Create an individualized self-care plan based on Maslow’s hierarchy of needs. This book provides doable wellness and self-assessment activities and reflection questions for teachers and educators.
- Understand the challenges to mindfulness for teachers and how Maslow's hierarchy of needs comes into play in your personal and professional life.
- Design action plans so you can meet your own physiological, safety, belonging, esteem, and self-actualization needs and, finally, transcend and connect with something greater than yourself.
- Take surveys and perform a daily time audit to determine how well you are meeting each of your needs.
- Use the journaling space and self-reflection questions provided throughout the book to reflect on your implementation efforts.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: The Foundation
Chapter 2: Physiological Needs
Chapter 3: Safety Needs
Chapter 4: Belonging Needs
Chapter 5: Esteem Needs
Chapter 6: Self-Actualization Needs
Chapter 7: Transcendence Needs
Epilogue: Final Thoughts
Appendix: My Personalized Self-Care Plan
- Figure 1.1: Self-Care Survey—Starting Point
- Figure 1.2: Daily Time Audit—Starting Point
- Figure 1.3: Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- Figure 1.4: Identifying Needs
- Action Plan for Checking in With Myself
- Marzano, R. J., Scott, D., Boogren, T. H., & Newcomb, M. L. (2017). Motivating & Inspiring Students: Strategies to Awaken the Learner. Bloomington, IN: Marzano Research.
- 10% Happier
- Get Grounded
- Insight Timer
- Simply Being
- Stop, Breathe & Think